I am not sure who said this, but I believe it to be true: Prayer is not so much overcoming God’s reluctance as it is tapping into God’s willingness. See 1 John 5:14-15. So here’s some prayers that always will get a YES from heaven:
- May your Kingdom come and your Will be done in my life as it is in the heavens.
- Be glorified in me and in my situations.
- Release what is needed to draw my friends or family to Jesus.
- Make me like Jesus.
- Fulfill your purpose and your promise for my life.
- Supply to me all that I need as I purpose to seek first your kingdom and your righteousness.
This is the key to effective prayer…ask God for what He already wants
Praying with Confidence, an easy-to-follow guide to improve your prayer time. Jeff leads a multiplying church and lives a multiplying life.has served as the lead pastor of Allison Park Church, a multi-campus church in Pittsburgh, PA, for nearly 25 years. He is the president of Reach Northeast, a movement dedicated to planting reproducing churches. He is also the author of four books, including